Alive99
Veteran Member

Member Since Dec 2020
172 hugs
given
Default Dec 23, 2020 at 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
People often tell you who they are by what they say or share about themselves. My suggestion is BELIEVE them and don't think you can change them either. I think if you revisit what you experienced with these two individuals, you will see that they never really saw you but used you. Some people simply are not worth handing our heart to.

Well, actually responding to your first post made me think & realise that a BIG part with it taking so much time to heal and move on is that I still have had to undo all the subtle blame put on me. Actually that is something I am actively working on lately. Because, all the blame and gaslight, it ended up in me not even seeing that it all wasn't even my fault. And that's very dangerous to psychological and emotional health and makes moving on impossible. So yes it has to be fully recognised and through recognising this I can then fully take in that they really just tried to exploit me and it was not ME. None of it was me. So yeah, your last sentence. Definitely.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to change them, either. I don't really believe in people changing all that often. It truly is just them orchestrating things with gaslight and manipulation so that I would have a very hard time getting rid of the feeling that maybe it was something I did.... NO. It wasn't.

So again I appreciate your wanting to help but please when you see people talking about trauma then understand that it is not about "holding on to" "hurt feelings" and it is most decidedly not about what the abused and traumatised person's "responsibility" was in "letting it all happen".

That's emotionally bad input and not fitting the situation. Be please careful to not add further damage for such people. I am aware of what it is so you didn't cause damage to me, but if you see a similar situation for someone else, please remember this. Thanks.
Alive99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes