Thread: Detaching?
View Single Post
RoxanneToto
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2020
6,991 hugs
given
Default Dec 23, 2020 at 10:04 AM

Is there a way of detaching from the anger of living with a long term alcoholic parent? Have been feeling quite angry at what’s been going on lately, mostly because of feeling protective towards my mum and she gets the brunt of it.
I wrote out a really long post but deleted it because it’s all just more of the same stuff we’ve been dealing with for years but what’s changed is I’ve been (twice lately) having angry outbursts towards him. My anger is justified, but the yelling isn’t doing anything to change things, never could either.
He fell over again about a week ago, cutting his head open and it took two paramedic crews to convince him to go to hospital (mum asked him to for her sake, he said no and I got mad at him, telling him he would be going. I went in the other room to calm down with my in-laws after apologising to the paramedics. I was amazed at how angry I felt, though, like I had a physical ball of negative energy in my stomach bursting out).
He wanted me to look at his head wound yesterday, after I said “yes I am squeamish” when he asked if I was. I said it was better to see the doctor if he didn’t think it was getting better. Got told off because I sounded angry then, too, but I didn’t actually realise.
This is only the tip of the iceberg, most people in this sub forum likely know the drill, though.
RoxanneToto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nowlosingsanity, Open Eyes, shovelhead, Yaowen