Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2020 at 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakForTheLight View Post
Thank you guys. I've been distracting myself by binge watching The Wilds, which wasn't the best choice.... but I've finished the series so tomorrow I'll find something better. Although I also really don't want to watch any sappy movies where everything is perfect in the end.

Seems like a lot of my neighbours have travelled to family for Christmas after all, there's quite a few flats opposite mine where I haven't see any light on in a couple of days. And a few others who seem to be having a gathering that I really want to shout at to shut up

I know no matter how crappy I feel now, I would feel way worse if one of my parents caught covid from me. But it all seems so bleak and pointless when everyone else is just completely ignoring all the advice.

Fun fact: those flats are all bigger than the ones in my building and no one lives alone there. So it wasn't like they didn't have any company.
I hear you.

I am wondering if music might be helpful in drowning out some of the distracting noise around you? Maybe earphones? So you can focus on something that makes you feel good.

We are all here for you, on this thread. If you look on the General forum there is a Virtual Christmas party thread if you'd care to join us too.

Azul is right. This will end at some point. You won't have these pressures to deal with then.

You mentioned running I think a while back? I run too. If you look at running as a metaphor, it is always the last lap or few miles that feels hardest, whatever distance we run. I think we are beginning the last lap of this pandemic now.

Hang on in there. We are here for you!

Hugs from:
Deilla, stahrgeyzer, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, BreakForTheLight