View Single Post
Photonate

Member Since Apr 2019
111 hugs
given
Default Dec 26, 2020 at 08:48 PM

Hello. I’m someone who struggles with things like (more than considerable) insecurity and being self-conscious while out anywhere in public, especially the more people there are around, and I’m just curious if something like or along the lines of, I guess, public 'humiliation' might help at all.

To give you a more specific idea of what I’m thinking, examples of the types of scenario(s) could be things like purposely making my hair look messy then going out for a walk, or something like wearing clothes I normally never would wear, or say, doing something I normally never would like while out on a walk I could (pardon the kinda unpleasant example lol) itch my lower ‘backside’, or start singing and dancing along to a song while at an intersection waiting to cross.

Again these aren’t the only specific ideas of scenarios, just general types of examples to give you a more detailed idea.

The idea is kinda more like exposure therapy maybe, like just exposing myself and becoming more ‘numb' to it, or you know just getting used to it after a while.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, RoxanneToto, WovenGalaxy