MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Dec 27, 2020 at 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diurnal View Post
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]I don't mind changing my approach but I have issues with changing who I am to please others, or to be fake just to get things.
I can relate with this. I don't do well with superficial "small-talk" and I'm not good at it when it's with important people in my life (colleagues, in-laws, neighbours).. and it shows. Undoubtedly, it's what keeps my social circle limited. They're simply uncomfortable with me because I'm uncomfortable with this social dance. It doesn't feel natural and despite it's intention to connect, I don't feel a connection when having these superficial conversations.

It's like the world lives in Facebook. What people present in there statuses is not their authentic self. It's a show for attention and validation, and is very self-serving.. but we don't know what's really going on in their heads. THAT I find disconnecting.

Why are people pushing you away? Maybe it's because you're not being your authentic self. Sounds like you're putting your energy into pleasing others against your own grain and it may be presenting itself with force, a tone of voice, and a phony interest in others as you "try" making a friend.

Be you. Figure out what that means.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Turtle_Rider