View Single Post
Werewoman
Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
1,217 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Dec 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Update: I ended up in the nuthouse over Thanksgiving because after about 8 months the ketamine stopped working even though I was up to 85 mg. a treatment. I was afraid to tell anyone because then I would have to admit it to myself. Ketamine was my last hope or so I thought. I was despondent and very suicidal so my husband took me to the mental hospital where I stayed for five days.
The p-doc at the hospital was asking me what drugs I had tried in the past. It's quite the list and obvious that none of them worked for very long. I couldn't stop crying. I thought I was going to have to suffer with this for the rest of my life and ppl in my family live to be ninety. That terrified me.
Finally, after a Zoom pow wow with my doctors and therapist, they decided to take me off Seroquel and put me on Lithium.
OMG! What a difference! After three weeks on Lithium, I did another Ketamine infusion and I am doing very well!

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. ~ Robin Williams

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? ~ Pink Floyd
Werewoman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote