View Single Post
Smokey58

Member Since Jan 2020
Default Dec 28, 2020 at 12:56 AM

Werewoman I’m so glad that you’re feeling better. I’m committing to looking at what else can help with the ketamine. Different medications, therapy again, better self care...I moved so I see a new doc on Thursday to prescribe the compounded ketamine inhaler that I’ve been in for about 10 months now. I was beginning to worry about the long term effects of ketamine and my last doc kept bringing up the plan to be off of it soon. But with the move I haven’t had it for going on two weeks and I’m falling into a depression. I haven’t felt this way in a long time. The ketamine would usually bring me right out. I didn’t realize how much better it made my life until I didn’t have it. I felt normal most of the time. I had rough days but I felt more resilient and alive. Not dragging and faking it the way I’m doing now. I remember years of living like that. Pushing myself to do things, to show up. I’m going to talk to the new doc and get his opinion on long term ketamine treatment. It’s given me a life I didn’t have before. I read recently that they’re working on some new drugs similar to ketamine but without the dissociation and potential for tolerance and abuse. But for now I hear you Werewoman. Life is amazing when you’re feeling better. I’m happy that you’re starting the new year in a good place.

Smokey58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman