ArtleyWilkins has no updates.

5 yr Member
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2020 at 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post

I have concerns about my skin. I baked myself in the sun from the time I was a child until I was in my 20's. I had so many blistering sunburns I couldn't possibly count them (I am fair-skinned with green eyes). Whenever I have pointed out something of concern on my skin my GP totally blows me off. I would like to get checked out by a dermatologist, but I need a referral from my GP. The situation is awkward at best, dangerous at worst. I really don't know what to do.
I have seen my dermatologist annually for a skin check for the last 4 years I guess. I'm fair-skinned, green eyed, from German ancestry, with a significant family history of skin issues including sarcomas and melanomas. I have my father's skin - he has a history of precancerous (and cancerous in his case) moles and rosacea (which I also have) as well as a rare skin condition called bullous pemphigoid, etc. I've have several precancerous places removed over the years. It's just part of my genetic lot unfortunately. I would push your GP for a referral, and if he won't write one, time for a different GP maybe? I suspect if you tell your GP that you will have to call the insurance company about a different way to get a referral, your GP will suddenly cough one up.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, CalMSW

Thanks for this!
*Beth*