View Single Post
RamblinClementine

RamblinClementine has no updates.

10 yr Member
113 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2020 at 01:32 PM

Hi All,

My brother was formerly diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I am the only person in my very large family who still talks to him (as far as I know). He turned 30 yesterday. He lives alone in a room in a shared boarding house and has been relatively stable for the last couple of years. Before that he was homeless for a while and in and out of jail for small crimes.

We kind of talk. He texts me images he likes from Reddit. Sometimes he doesn't respond to my texts. I visited him back in July (he lives two hours away) and he didn't wear a mask properly and that really irked me. Since then we text a little. I buy him art supplies and I recently bought him a book. I think he's mad at me because I said I would visit more recently and backed out, but when we "hang out" he just sits there and doesn't talk. I told him he has to at least try to be conversational with me- really because it is very painful for me to visit him. I feel like he just wants me to buy him things and neither of us has very much money.

I feel sad about this and don't know what to do.
RamblinClementine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, CANDC, Fuzzybear, suzemagoo, TunedOut, Yaowen