View Single Post
metamorphosis12
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
130 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2020 at 04:06 AM

trazodone and nightmares google scholar free articles - safesearch.norton.com Yahoo Search Results

Here is some research can do on the subject

Also some anecdotal link

Ask a Patient - Drug Ratings and Reviews By Patients

Trazodone: 7 things you should know - Drugs.com

Heres how Trazadone works in the brain:
[QUOTE][Pharmacology

Inhibits reuptake of serotonin, causes adrenoreceptor subsensitivity, acts as a 5HT2a receptor antagonist and induces significant changes in 5-HT presynaptic receptor adrenoreceptors. Trazodone also significantly blocks histamine (H1) and alpha1-adrenergic receptors.
/QUOTE]
TraZODone (Professional Patient Advice) - Drugs.com

I suggest talking to your pdoc about these issues. I did take Trazodone at 50mg for a few months and it helped my insomnia but it did give me a hangover effect. It was originally used as a basic antidepressant and than was started as off label for sleep:

[QUOTE][Multifunctional drugs are those with more than one therapeutic mechanism. Trazodone is a multifunctional drug with dose-dependent pharmacologic actions. That is, it has hypnotic actions at low doses due to blockade of 5-HT2A receptors, as well as H1 histamine receptors and α1 adrenergic receptors. Higher doses recruit the blockade of the serotonin transporter (SERT) and turn trazodone into an antidepressant. Although trazodone has traditionally been used as a low dose hypnotic, a new controlled release formulation that has the potential to improve the tolerability of high doses may provide an opportunity to revisit this multifunctional drug as an antidepressant as well./QUOTE]
https://mysupportforums.org/editpost...post&p=7000983
Sorry if I have repaeted myself. I became a bit ocd on the subject.
Any way here is the last link that I hope helps and as proper always talk to your doctor about this A good doc or especially a pdoc should know all of the psycho pharmacology to a professional and competent level
https://www.drugs.com/trazodone.html
Hope this helps

Last edited by metamorphosis12; Dec 29, 2020 at 04:48 AM..
metamorphosis12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Creepeh