Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,041 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2020 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Did you just lose your job but worked from home since March until now? Very confusing how you never left the house except for groceries for most of the year? Are you retired, on unemployment or on disability?
It doesn't sound so weird to me, since that has been the situation for many people I know, including me and my husband. In my case I was already working from home. The first virus case was identified here on March 3rd and by a week later his whole government agency went to telework. Even the court system (he is a lawyer) has been holding hearings using Zoom since March. Other friends in jobs ranging from phys ed teachers to a secretary for the Fine Arts Museum have also been working from home. A lot of people I know in the US are doing the same.

Like my friends, we order a lot online and only run errands in person when that's the only option. We've gone through lockdown periods where only essential businesses were allowed to open, and we were only supposed to go out twice a week, so we were pretty much obligated to manage things through online ordering. Things have been loosened somewhat now, but considering you have to wait in line to pretty much get into any store due to capacity restrictions, we still don't like going in person if it is avoidable.

I hope a sitting temp job comes your way soon.

Last edited by rechu; Dec 29, 2020 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: addition
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43372