Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2020 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I knew someone at work who used womenforsobriety to stay sober. I think they have actual meetings but for sure they have online forum and I think it’s fairly active. I don’t believe it’s 12 step program if you want to avoid those

I’d also ask a therapist and GP if they have ideas or resources. The more support the better.

Staying busy, exercising, stay out of a drinking scene might help etc Sometimes change in life style might be enough to quit on your own but if it becomes physical dependency and eventually people have to increase the amount and frequency, then it’s a different ball game and people need help.

To clarify I myself don’t have alcohol consumption issue but I know ton of people who do or did. It’s extremely common (and dangerous) way to cope with life as you already know. Ton of people can relate to your conundrum. Luckily other members will come through with ideas

Sending support and hugs
Thanks, divine.

I know this will slow down and will dissipate on its own. Thing is, I don't want to stop drinking right now. Not at all. I don't have any desire to get help for it. I just want to exist and to be myself in all my glory, lol.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote