View Single Post
Here we go again

Member Since Dec 2020
16 hugs
given
Default Dec 30, 2020 at 01:42 PM

This is very interesting. In my situation, the roles are reversed, so my husband has ideas stemming from his mental health issues that leads him to believe that everything is bad in our marriage, when in reality, it isn't. If anything I can provide some perspective from the other side.

He doesn't want help for his mental health issues which he has had since his teenage years, and he had experienced the trauma of war several times, and to top it off, has a very stressful job that triggers him. Then he believes that I don't understand or can't relate, so therefore it's all bad. But I do understand and care, I love him and his issues don't spook me. My issues spook him though and he can't handle normal day to day things because it's too stressful for him, he says he can't handle nor mal things and that it is easier if he didn't have to deal with them, sounds familiar thus far?

The truth is that you probably would have the same issues without him. You are responsible for your own mental health. I applaud you for having the clarity of knowing how your issues affect others, so bravo for that and for being in therapy.

Just remember that he is struggling too and ultimately, he didn't cause your issues. Bonding is hard when people focus on their problems only. You have kids and a husband that loves you through your crisis, so look at two positive things already. My honest opinion is that you have enough good things in your life to be happy. Looking at what you don't have only overshadows the good things that you do have. Having a family is a blessing, destroying the good things that you do have will not solve your issues.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. This covid thing makes everyone struggles worse.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote