View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 30, 2020 at 06:51 PM

I am sorry this happened to you when you were so young and then you had to endure having no help and validation so you could heal. It was not wrong for you to talk about it either so please don't feel that it was. What was wrong is that people that were supposed to love and protect you failed to respond to such a very important genuine threat.

One thing I have learned in my life is that there are people who will choose to deni truth and will let you down. HOWEVER @needalittlehelp, these are NOT people worth associating with. And the person who did this KNOWS what he/she did, and nothing can release him/her from that truth.

When you experience these flashbacks, you can reduce their intensity by acknowling "yes that did happen but it's not now, I am safe now". This distancing you chose is NOT your fault either, it's THEIR FAULT so NEVER guilt trip yourself. A child that age has no understanding of how to protect themselves or why things happen. This is why they tend to get targeted.

If your sister did ask you if what she heard did happen, try not to get upset with her as she is actually showing you repect for the truth by asking you. Sadly, there are often times when a victim is not believed in that the person who was abusive is often charming and likeable and even charismatic.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear