View Single Post
Moose72
Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,551 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 01, 2021 at 05:13 PM

My dad is 74. He and my mom divorced when I was 22. I'm now 49 in a few months. I don't live near him and neither does my sister but he calls her every day to check in. Still, he's almost died from alcohol withdrawal when he went cold turkey off the booze. He's falled in the bathroom I don't know how many times. When I was a teenager, there was screaming and physical violence. My sister called 911 once but the police didn't do anything. These days he'd be hauled off to jail! I won't go into detail because it could be triggering. Even now when I call him, he doesn't really have anything to say partly because he stays at home all day every day unless he has to go to the grocery store- mostly because of covid. He's frail physically. He's got a terrible cough and had a quintuple bipass. Sometimes we go through old times and its fun to hear what his version of our memories are but sometimes he just sits there silent and I have to pick up the slack in the conversation and its really hard holding onto both ends of a conversation. I fear the day when he dies. He's frail. I see only 74 year old men and they make my dad look 94!

Ativan .5 mg 2x/day
Propranolol 20 mg 2x/day

Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, RoxanneToto