View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 02, 2021 at 10:22 AM

Hi @princesscookie19 I think those are wonderful goals / wants for yourself. I am also wondering if you might need to tweak them so you aren't "setting yourself up to fail," so to speak. I could be wrong of course, I just know that in my own recovery from my own mental health issues, completely getting rid of my symptoms and bad days has not been possible. For some of my issues, yes, medication has helped stabilize me and get rid of, so to speak, my major depression. But I still have other mental health issues that are not completely controlled by meds and for me, sometimes I just need to find ways to cope with my symptoms and manage them with tools and skills I've learned in therapy. I do have better days now, and I have fun and enjoy my life, but I also experience the pains of life, which I think everyone does. I think it very well may be possible for you to find the right medication and healthy lifestyle, and get rid of the voices. That is maybe possible - I'm just not a psychiatrist, so I don't know. It may be the case that you are able to lessen the voices and cope better with them on bad days, or you may find a mode of treatment that gets rid of them. Also I just want to say I think that those 3 things you listen in your OP are all healthy things to do to keep yourself well and healthy. keep doing those things if you can. Are you seeing a doctor and / or therapist? Talk to them about this. These are really good questions and wants for your recovery that you are bringing up. I hope I helped!
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
princesscookie19