View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers
*Beth* is practicing healthy breathing for brain, mind, body, spirit.

3 yr Member
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 02, 2021 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
I have seen my dermatologist annually for a skin check for the last 4 years I guess. I'm fair-skinned, green eyed, from German ancestry, with a significant family history of skin issues including sarcomas and melanomas. I have my father's skin - he has a history of precancerous (and cancerous in his case) moles and rosacea (which I also have) as well as a rare skin condition called bullous pemphigoid, etc. I've have several precancerous places removed over the years. It's just part of my genetic lot unfortunately. I would push your GP for a referral, and if he won't write one, time for a different GP maybe? I suspect if you tell your GP that you will have to call the insurance company about a different way to get a referral, your GP will suddenly cough one up.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'm also fair-skinned and green-eyed. I have rosacea - which is something else I'd like to discuss with a dermatologist.

Thanks for your information about getting a referral! I am less than pleased with my GP and would love to change. The clinic where my wonderful pdoc and therapist are is also where my GP is. The way my insurance works is that I have to take all 3 together, or not at all. So I'm stuck with my sub-standard GP.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
CalMSW, Travelinglady