Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2021 at 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
Kit, I think it'll be less worry and stress if you just tell your pdoc what's been going on and how you're doing now. Then he can do the heavy lifting of being a psychiatrist and figuring out what he can do to help.

I also don't think you have to be in crisis to deserve help. It's the work you do when you're feeling better that helps keep you away from being in crisis as often or as intensely. It's a little counterintuitive, but it's true. Kind of like exercising a muscle to make it stronger after you've fully healed from an injury.
Yes, you make good sense.

I always want to tell him how I have been but I always feel like it is hard to tell him because if I am not experiencing it in the moment, it's hard to recall it precisely. It's also weird but I know how much he likes me (platonically) and I don't want to let him down. That's always in the back of my head. But I think it will be good to tell him about the demon that was bothering me last week and see if he can help me with it. I need to write some things down to tell him so I don't let the appointment slip away without mentioning them. I feel like this is a crucial appointment for some reason and I'm stressing about it more than usual. I hope that is my resolve to be more honest with him and not just tell him everything has been fine even if things are fine the day of the appointment.

Thanks for your words of support.

Hugs from:
chihirochild, ElectricManatee, LonesomeTonight