Thread: Treatment Plans
View Single Post
Anonymous328112

Default Jan 05, 2021 at 04:39 PM

Thought of the Day.

I’m gonna come at this strong and fast before even starting: Judgement can be kept at the door on this one. I am going to relate it to my personal life, and I’m not going to argue what is best for me with those who do not know me. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the forms in which treatment can take. I’m honestly interested if there are times in your life where maybe you fit my mentality and needs. I’ve had issue in the past with overreaching of others or absolute mischaracterizations and I’m just not here for that. Please respect the topic.

That said, if you’re still reading – this is where I am. I’ve been on a lot of different meds and I’ve yet to find a cocktail that really works for me. I’ve not had my medicine in a long while and I have been known to go bouts with out. I do not condone going off meds without medical supervision and approval nor do I think it’s something to play around with. However, while I have much more, intense, and prolonged times of turmoil without my medicine… I honestly feel I do better without it, because it’s the *wrong* medicine. My psychiatrist has made it pretty clear the last I saw him that I’ve been through the gamut of meds and he’s kinda thinking it’s best we just try again. I don’t know how I feel about that. I’m really pessimistic about having to try to find a medicine to help. I am Bipolar II, which isn’t said to diminish my affliction – but I do live with my mother, and most reckless behavior is curbed by that fact.

Why am I bringing this up? I was just wondering – is there ever a treatment plan put into place that may not emphasize the use of medicine for a bipolar patient? In my case – it sucks, and the medicine has been known to help flatten and shorten those moments of turmoil, but the effects in general are not tolerated well. My natural cycle is rough, and sometimes it’s worse than others but I do wonder if it’s just not a better alternative, to suffer through it. I mean hell – my whole life has been with that motto – just suffer through it. For me, for now, this seems to be better than dealing with the issues that come from taking meds. We’ve all seen my intense highs and lows lately, and I am not denying them by any means – but I do feel at least like it’s me. That said, the right cocktail could prove beneficial but I just don’t want to look anymore. How do you solve a problem like MarcusAurelius? haha

Back to the point, and while I do not mind if you make any non-judgemental comments towards my personal experience above, the question is – has there been a time in your life, or a current treatment plan, that has minimized the need for medicine and using other facets as stronger supports? Just curious to your experiences.

Thanks for reading

MarcusAurelius
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Soupe du jour