Community Support Team

Member Since Apr 2009
5,096 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 06, 2021 at 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive99 View Post
... if you force yourself to do the thing, it feels like you skipped warmup before doing a harder workout? If that makes sense... like this way you feel you have to put in more energy to do the task than necessary, and it feels almost painful, painfully forced.
That reminds me a whole lot of something that I once wrote... about "to-do" lists, of all things
Quote:
I don't normally use to-do lists. The exceptions are when I'm working on something complicated like preparing for a trip out of town, or when I seem to have taken on more than I'm going to be able to finish gracefully. The latter seemed to happen pretty regularly when I was in school.

It seems easy to get stuck with an overwhelming to-do list: I don't feel like tackling any of the three highest-priority items but it seems like a waste of time to work on any of the others while the top three are still demanding to be done. For me the best solution seems to be to give up: say the hell with the to-do list and my official priorities, and set to work on something that's somewhere around #7 if it's on the list at all. For some reason, with #7 out of the way #5 almost does itself and by then, #1 is looking a whole lot more approachable.
FooZe is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Alive99, RoxanneToto