SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

SlumberKitty is staying stable.

5 yr Member
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 06, 2021 at 04:46 PM

Maybe an animal shelter would be a good idea. You would probably have to talk to a few people but then you would mostly get to hang with the animals. Feed them. Groom them. Stuff like that. Dogs are great for self esteem because they are so happy to see you all the time. My cats help me but I know they love me because they purr but they in no way get as excited as my Mom's dog is when she sees me. She jumps up and down and wags her tail and makes little noises until I pet her head. Then she'll usually run off and come back with a toy to play fetch or tug-o-war. Anyway, might be a good idea.

If you want to do a course, maybe do an art course or something. Might help to get some emotions out plus you would be around the same people all the time. Doesn't matter if you aren't good at art. You just gotta try.

Yeah, it is different feeling bad and deserving hurt than to feel hatred and be suicidal. I think they are connected but it is different. It's hard feelings to shake. I hope you can find a good therapist to talk to because that has certainly made a difference with me. That and just having a few good friends.

There may be a wait list for therapists. Usually a couple of months. May is kind of a long way away but it might be worth it just to get on the list. You can always cancel if you find someone to work with in the interim. Don't give up! You are worth it. It might not feel that way but it is true. Hang in there. Kit

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, Whereto52

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto