View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2021 at 04:52 AM

It's a very tough and painful situation, and my heart goes out to you.

As you stated, one person cannot be the only one fighting for the relationship. Also, you cannot push him or force him to get help. I would trust him at his word at this point, as painful as it is, and as you are acknowledging must happen.

Cheating often times signifies unhappiness - not always, but often. And if he says he no longer loves you? Ouch - yes, that is like a knife in the stomach, but you cannot force or convince someone to love you when they no longer do.

What I worry about for you is I think you are clinging to your past happiness.

We often put on love blinders to what we don't want to see or accept, and I'm afraid you may be experiencing a bit of that and denial about what is happening.

HIs past cheating says a lot about him and his state of mind, but you forgave him and carried on. And now, he is running off to sleep with other women while he still lives with you.

I worry about your own level of self respect in this equation. You want to cling to a marriage that has broken down and you wish to cling to a man who is repeatedly disrespecting you. Yet, you love him to the moon and back, despite his mean words and despite his disrespect.

I don't mean to sound hurtful by being so honest and blunt. But I think the sooner you accept the current reality, the easier it will be for you going forward. And the sooner you see his actions as being disrespectful of you, the better off you will be. If I had a husband doing those things to me, I wouldn't want to be in the marriage any longer.

I wish for healing for you and strength through this most painful process.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 07, 2021 at 06:39 AM..
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto