View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,400 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2021 at 10:27 PM

I have this problem with my therapist. I think he assumes I think like he does and I don't in some ways. Of course we agree in some areas. My pdoc and I can talk politics for an hour (and have before) but my therapist has different views. I don't know how extreme but I know there are differences. And when they come up I squirm. I have hoped that he'll notice the squirming and it seems like he might have as I've not heard a political comment for much longer than since the election. But if I've succeeded it took 15 years of occasional squirming. I don't know why it is so hard to tell him I'm not interested in political discussions but it is. I talk to him about everything else.

I don't think your pdoc would stop caring for you over political beliefs. If she did that would be totally unethical. I doubt that she hates every person in the world she meets that doesn't agree with her as that's unrealistic.

I think if you are really bothered that you should say something. Like I said it took 15 years for Squirming to work so I don't really recommend that.

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Soupe du jour