Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2021 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fleurs View Post
I am really sorry you feel like this. I used to have a very negative voice that played in my head saying mean things to me. I think a combination of what people have said to me in the past and depression making me feel more worthless. I did not experience any sort of severe abuse, though. I think having positive mentors and relationships in recent years, plus a therapist who had a kind view of me slowly chipped away at that negative voice, but it still crops up sometimes.

Is anything making you feel like this more recently? Is there a reason you feel you need to put your husband's needs above yours, instead of something a bit more equal? Your needs are important, too.
Thanks yellow_fleurs.

A few things have been making me feel like this more recently. We don't have supportive family (and I have no siblings). He doesn't talk much to his siblings (he hasn't for a long time) and he is ok with that. He thinks I talk ''too much''... most other people have criticised me for being ''too quiet''. He gets stressed when he receives ''too much'' sensory input (talking etc) but likes the tv. I do not. So I'm ''alone'' in the evenings. It makes the negative chatter in my head worse sometimes. He thinks we interact a lot (I don't). Also he is practical and I am not (the abusers told me I am ''useless'' ) (I think I have a lot of difficulty staying focused on practical things and some other reasons...) I've been trying to find some distractions.....

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Purple,Violet,Blue, wolftrap