View Single Post
RACEKA
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2007
Default May 06, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Hello & welcome. Your T said you might have ADD because you were talking fast. He's just getting to know you. Keep seeing him and getting to know each other. I talk like that also when I have a lot to say and have such little time to say it. They pick up on everything. The tone of your voice, your body language, etc.

Therapy is a very slow process. Remember it is a process. You have to walk through it. You will not heal overnight.

You may want to talk to a Pdoc about meds for the anxiety. You won't have to stay on them permanetly, but they can help you through the rough times. I also have anxiety and have not had a panic attack since I've been on meds. Panic attacks are very scary.

My job requires me to work closely with the police department. I never realized what the officers had to go through until then. I would like to tell you what respect I have for the police departments. They are not nearly paid for what they are worth. They have to be people that care about helping other people. The stuff they deal with out there I can't imagine dealing with everyday. I have a hard enough time dealing with life as it is dealt to me. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all that you've done and thank you for risking your life to help others.

Good luck & God Bless.
RACEKA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote