View Single Post
pat86

Member Since Apr 2018
Default Jan 12, 2021 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I ruminate over bad things that happened that are deeply disturbing. I was not diagnosed BP. Much of the issues have run their course, and I no longer ruminate about them. Either I worked it out with the other person, or I reframed my thinking in order to cope and move on from the unfixable situation. It feels so incredibly freeing to me to have been able to stop the rumination!

My only triggers were interpersonal events that were really upsetting. I do not feel deeply and ruminate, in general, about things that did not directly involve me and that I have no control to repair or cope with.

I put in a lot of effort and deeply cared about the discord with the issues I’ve had with my relationships that went into the ditch. My efforts either helped us get closer, or were to no avail and I accepted the outcomes, knowing I did what I could. That makes me feel good about myself, how I gave it the effort because I cared. I was proactive. Good or bad outcome, I still feel empowered because I stepped up (even though in my case the other person did not).

Feeling like you love yourself and have done your best is great for accepting whatever someone else tries to do to hurt you or simply doesn’t care. That’s on them.

Also, in moving on from someone who was hurtful and didn’t care to repair, if you can find a way to see their personal weakness and feel sorry for them, it helps stops the hurt, anger, and causes for rumination.

The ruminating is due to something unresolved. Closure is the solution for it.

I think mine might be related to mental illness and a chemical imbalance in my mind.
pat86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TishaBuv