View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2021 at 09:01 PM

I often feel like psychiatrists cause more harm than help, too. That said, there isn't enough known about the human brain to truly understand mental illness (or what "normal" is, really). So here we have all these psych medications, they're being prescribed, they pretty much help some people most of the time...enough, anyway, to keep prescribing them. The first time I saw a pdoc would I have wanted him to say, Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you...? No. I would have been furious and terrified. I was looking for medication that would help me function more normally. To stop me from being in so much discomfort.

So I go back and forth with the help/hinder debate.

As for my own medication history, I'd say that I'm the most stable I've ever been on the meds I'm currently taking. How many years? At least 25. I stopped counting a while ago, the number of meds I've been on. It's too scary.

So yeah, I feel most stable now. I do attribute some of that stability to therapy, too. But I feel almost too stable; I feel like I have no something...fire or motivation. I can just sit and stare at the wall and be okay with that. And so the hours pass. It's for that reason I want to decrease some of my med doses. At least give it a try.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, Fuzzybear, Soupe du jour, TunedOut, wolftrap

Thanks for this!
wolftrap