View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 13, 2021 at 05:35 PM

Immediately call 911. He is not mentally well. They have crisis teams that can determine what kind of hospital will help. This is not your job and it is emotinal battery regardless of his issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Hello!

So, another update. My husband is severely depressed and going through a mental health crisis. He says that he is "crazy" and can't even cry anymore. He says he feels detached and unable to connect with anything or anyone. I've set up some appointments, he says he needs medication, whether he goes or not is to be determined.

I am just trying to avoid a tragedy here. He has contemplated suicide before (ptsd from war) . I'm trying to help but do t know how and I'm sure I am just raising his anxiety levels and make me resent me more just for trying to help. I'm doing what I can, but I don't know if I'm helping or what.

What am I supposed to do? I am going to counseling and not taking medication. He is doing neither. What is happening?? Our family went from happy to this like a switch. I was oblivious of his me talk health vows. I read on Yahoo today about michael phelps going through depression/detachment/unhappiness/wanting to be alone and his beautiful wife and children that are trying to help him. I see myself on her so much.

Where to turn, what to do? He is very sick and I can't turn my back now.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote