View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2021 at 08:09 AM

Hey @Have Hope I wonder if you feel its worth it to be straight with her in a gentle way and ask her about it? I dont mean like "why dont you call me or return my calls?" I mean more along the lines of, "have you been busy lately I was hoping to hear from you..." I guess maybe that would be weird. I personally am direct-even blunt and not many people are. In the past I have asked someone directly if our friendship was as deep as I felt it was. I have done this three times actually. With the first person she said it wasnt that we werent friends it was just that she had a lot going on and wasnt able to reciprocate in the way she felt I wanted. I let that friendship fizzle. With the second friend she flipped out and told me I was accusing her of not being a good friend and projected a ton of BS onto me. Her reaction was over the top and it made it easy for me to let it fizzle. With the third friend she just told me she was like that with all her friends- close ones and others and that I shouldnt take it personally. Of course I took it personally and it was a good thing because it showed where I stand.

I can appreciate that this is something that I tend to do and you might not be comfortable with. I just feel you are sort of "owed" not really an explanation but more so an understanding of the friendship and if its worth it to go forward with it.
This is sort of a convoluted post but its what came to mind.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, RoxanneToto