Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2021 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
I would like to offer a different perspective.

She has spent an enormous amount of time with you, I gather. She has been there for you, you have been there for each other. She seems willing to spend time and be vulnerable, open with you, she even says that she loves you. These things make me wonder whether she intends to blow you off.

With regard to her never contacting you first: as an older person myself, I can share with you that I am reluctant to initiate contact with someone much younger than me. We can have many great conversations but I am still reluctant. I figure, rightly or wrongly, that I don't want to intrude, I don't want to make a younger person feel like they have to talk with me, I figure that they have a life and if they are interested in speaking to me they will let me know.

Have you spoken to her about it? If not, what do you think about that idea?
Thanks, @Bill3. I appreciate the different perspective.

I don't know how I feel about broaching the subject with her. It feels uncomfortable to do so, and I don't want to put her on the spot or make her feel obligated to me and then uncomfortable.

She did not spend an enormous amount of time speaking with me about my marriage during the last year. We probably had a total of 4-5 different calls that were somewhat lengthy. She's been a source of strength and wisdom for me. She was counseling me to leave the marriage.

It just feels so strange that to me that not once has she reached out to me to ask if I am OK.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
Bill3