Rose76
Legendary

Rose76 Treading water.

10 yr Member
5,302 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2021 at 12:53 PM

Thanks, que sera. I like your approacsuggestions and think I'll take that approach. COVID does seem to be a factor in making people not know what to do with themselves. I've always been kind of a loner, so COVID hasn't changed my life quite as much as it has other's. My friend got laid off, which abruptly severed her from her usual contact with people. She always told me she loved her job. Her relatives don't call her much, whereas I hear from my sisters several times each week. (Both our families live at a distance from us.) I'm beginning to think that a lot of people rely on work to structure their lives. I'm happy to be retired. I love being home. She seems not to.

I should appreciate efforts she did make to be nice. During the summer, she would call and offer to bring me some lunch from a take-out place. That's when my kitchen was a mess from repair work my landlady did. It was nice of her. I don't want to be hurtful. She never used to be "clingy" in the past, but that does sort of describe her now. Yet I think she would get reassurance from short exchanges on the phone. I always am the one to wind up the conversation, but she accepts when I say I have to move on to other things. You're quite right that her checking in with me seems to be a security thing for her. A brief chat about nothing or anything seems to basically satisfy her. I think I'll make it a policy to just not answer her calls after, say, 9:30 p.m. Sometimes I think she just tests limits. I've known her to do so with others. I can set boundaries without having to announce what they are. She'll catch on, as she is very perceptive.

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes