View Single Post
RockyRoad007

Member Since Jun 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 14, 2021 at 05:55 PM

I'd like to offer another perspective, and I admit it may be way off the mark.
You have been going thru a tough time the last while and if every time you communicate or get together it is about your problems/divorce/unemployment etc, it can be very draining to another. They don't leave after your time spent together uplifted.

I would suggest leaving that baggage for another time, and talk about joyful or uplifting things. Spirituality, music, books, movies or any of the other things you enjoy.
I've read posts where you talk about some of these things. It will make your time together lighter on both you and her.

I apologize if you find my reply offensive, I just wanted to point it out. I myself have no problems being there for my dearest friends as they go thru trials or tribulations. These friendships are on the whole very balanced. They in turn are there for me when I have needed them.

However, if I had a friend who used me just to make themselves feel better, they wouldn't be around long. I would feel very used. I guess in a nutshell, I am saying don't always use your friends (especially new friends) as a therapist. And I'm not saying you are doing this, it's just something to be aware of.
RockyRoad007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, eskielover