Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2021 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
You could also put phone on airplane mode when you don't want to be bothered so it won't ring. I know not everyone can in case of emergencies, but that's what I do at about 10 PM. I just keep the Wifi connected and only have sound notifications for WhatsApp where close friends and my immediate family can contact me if there were something urgent.

As far as going over to a neighbor's, I haven't been to anyone's house since COVID started. I've had to talk to neighbors about a few things, and we always do that outside. My husband and I are being careful, but the country where I live has been through the wringer with the virus since last March. Not as bad as the US, but we seem to be heading into a second wave and possible new lockdown. You just never know how careful others are being.
Thanks for explaining about airplane mode. I didn't know that. I'm not techy at all.

Another wrinkle is that I also have a landline with no caller-ID attached to it. My friend tries one phone and then the other. But I often ignore my house phone because mostly, when it rings, it's just robo calls.

I am deciding to be less casual about COVID precautions. I can't let others impose risk on me. I am telling people that I plan to socially distance more, and I need to stick to my guns on that. Going into my neighbor's apartment is an unnecessary risk. Both my friend and my neighbor take more risks than I do. During the holiday season, I didn't want to be too isolated. Now I'm finding out that I am okay on my own and not really feeling lonely. I've always liked more solitude than most people I know. That's kind of working for me during these times.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Open Eyes