Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2021 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I have a dear friend with whom I've been friends for 52 years. That said, I have to set boundaries with her. She's extremely needy. I have repeatedly suggested that she seek therapy - and an antidepressant. She's always "trying" to do both, but "never can find the time." Although she knows I go to bed early (about 9 p.m.) she repeatedly calls me around 8 - 9 at night. Uh-uh. I do not answer, and I will not answer. Never. Period. I don't make excuses. I just plain do not pick up the phone after a certain time. To call you, Rose, at 10-something at night? You have got to be kidding!!! Just no.
Thanks, Beth. The time before going to bed is when you want to wind down and not have to cater to neediness. I tell everyone that I'm a night-owl, which may be part of the problem. She may have taken that to mean I'm available late in the eve. I have given her mixed signals. Now I see you can't do that with everyone. I'ld hesitate to telephone anyone after 8:30 p.m. 10:15 p.m. is not in any gray zone. It clearly is later than socially appropriate.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, divine1966, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, divine1966, Open Eyes