View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2021 at 10:43 PM

I am sorry, I laughed, she called to tell you what soup she ate yesterday. It gave her belly ache. Sorry it’s kind of funny. She needs to get a life. I get that people are lonely. But she needs a project. I don’t know how old she is but my 83 year old father keeps busy.

She needs to find something to keep busy. Could be something mentally engaging, doesn’t need to be busy like running around. Read a book.

Of course my dad gets lonely but even he in his old age doesn’t just talk about soup he ate. Hahah Although today he and I talked about grapes at length lol my dad is trying to eat a bit more different fruits so my husband keeps buying him different weird grapes like candy snaps and carnival and champagne ones, dad seems to be liking those now. But that’s my dad! And it’s not all he talks about! He is busy with more meaningful things!

I wonder if this lady is this way with other people too? I have a lady at work who is in abusive marriage. She isn’t shy talking about it. She then stopped telling other people about it because they expressed irritation listening to it. I became the only person who’d listen because I felt bad and worried about her but it became so overwhelming. Like I don’t have time at work listening about her marriage. I don’t have time to use the bathroom or eat! She’s been talking about same thing for 10 years if not more!

Thanks for this!
Rose76