View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2021 at 08:47 AM

She sounds entertaining. Is she also into conspiracies and extreme political views? Although it sounds like she might be the kind of person to say things to just get people going so she could argue and get her juices flowing and negative emotions released. Especially knowing that she liked to fight at work.

Actually it’s a good idea for you to initiate contact and give her attention on your terms. It might satisfy her need for attention and lessen her desire to excessively bug you at wrong times.

PS Interesting how she doesn’t text. My future son’s in law grandpa is 93 and he texts and does family zooms so does his brother who is 95. Hilarious. Too cute. But then we are a group of four girlfriends and one in our group just doesn’t text unless to confirm a meeting time. Some people just not into technology. She isn’t even backwards or old fashioned, she is professionally employed and sure is very tech savvy. Just not her thing. It also depends on a life style. I commute a lot so it’s a perfect time for calling people, can’t exactly text driving. And when I get home I have zero desire for small talk

Yeah let us know if initiating occasional contact with her and give her either meaningful talk or just shoot the breeze on your terms is working. Good idea!

Thanks for this!
Rose76