Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2021 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymgirl71 View Post
I tried to find some positives, but they are not consistent. Normal friends meet for lunch now and then..that’s normal. Hanging out yes maybe once in a while that’s normal too. What isn’t normal is cooking for the two of us, sleeping over all the time like a pseudo girlfriend. I even mentioned how we rarely go out and normal friends do this. He had all kinds of excuses and the bottom line is the reason he doesn’t is because he doesn’t want to, and doesn’t feel like he has to make any sort of effort to keep the friendship alive because I’m always here.
Dearest Gymgirl, this has been an ongoing and long-term issue for you with this man. Are you in therapy? If not, I suggest seeing and talking with a therapist about why you continue to put yourself in a harmful and hurtful position with this man. You're getting nothing but misery and he's using you. Why do you do this to yourself? And trust me, I am not pointing fingers. I married someone who is abusive and now I am divorcing him. But I will not tolerate disrespect and abuse. And you my dear, are tolerating disrespect and disregard. You need to get to the bottom of this with a therapist who can help you to see your value and worth and who can help steer you to healthier relationships, including friendships.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote