TerryL
Poohbah

TerryL has no updates.

10 yr Member
1,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2021 at 01:54 PM

i am so sorry for your loss. all those memories of tyson. sigh. as for people who tell you you need to move on, you feel what you feel. you take as long as you need to grieve.

after a while, i know many people don't want to talk about a departed loved one anymore, either for fear it might upset the person grieving, or they have just moved on, or for their own self-preservation, they have buried their grief. they don't know that that is the opposite of what someone who is still grieving wants and needs.
i am glad you tried to find help by going to a support group. i myself found individual grief counseling more helpful. i could vent as much as i needed to. if you have health insurance, do consider a grief counselor. some counselors will even adjust their fees if someone doesn't have insurance. maybe your local hospices will know of good counselors. and i am sure the counseling can be done by phone, especially during covid. many therapists put their bios online. when i needed pet loss counseling i chose someone who was in another country just because her bio resonated with me, and our sessions were by phone.

You could also try talking to a photo of tyson (or something that reminds you of him) and telling him how you feel. this way, you can get your emotions out any time you need to.

i hope you will be able to find a way to feel better and to heal your broken heart. i really am so sorry for your loss.

Last edited by TerryL; Jan 16, 2021 at 04:51 PM..
TerryL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CalMSW, Fuzzybear, Purple,Violet,Blue