Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2021 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
um hysterectomies dont decrease your moods afterwards. it increases your moods because you go through menopause.

there are different kinds of hysterectomies. I had to have a radical hysterectomy after my 4th child due to severe unstoppable hemorrhaging and cervical cancer. A radical hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix, womb, falopian tubes and ovaries. (the whole factory is removed)

the other two types of hysterectomy is partial and total. in partial they only remove the womb, and leave the cervix, falopian tubes and ovaries. in total hysterectomy they remove the cervix and the womb and leave the falopian tubes and ovaries.

PMDD is not one of the medical approved reasons for having a hysterectomy here where I am. here hysterectomies are done due to health problems like cancer, polyps.

its also not done as a birth control anymore. for birth control surgery they "tie" the tubes (sever the falopian tubes so that the ovaries no longer can send eggs down the tube to the womb)

after a hysterectomy you will have hot flashes like you have never had before. you will have erratic mood swings (one moment you will be happy and the next cry over the least little things, the next want to rip right in to someone, something out of total rage. over things that ordinarily wouldnt bother you), many gain weight, many after a hysterectomy have UTI issues and have to have another surgery to "tack" the bladder up into correct position.

some people have to be on the pill even though they no longer have a womb and periods, this is called hormone therapy for regulating the body. some people end up on herbal medicines for the rest of their lives after a hysterectomy.

this is just a quick overview based on what I went through and the information I received for prep of my surgery.

my suggestion is to schedule an appointment with your doctor and talk with them about your PMDD problems and why you want to have a hysterectomy. they can tell you what procedures your location does and for what reasons, and which one is best for you, and which post surgery medication you may have to be on the rest of your life if any is needed.
They absolutely would not remove uterus as birth control method and because someone is cramping etc OP is transitioning so that’s the reason for hysterectomy. I think the issue is insurance coverage. I don’t know if insurance covers transitioning surgeries
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna