Elder

Member Since Sep 2008
85 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2021 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupe du jour View Post
Hi Miss Laura. I have done both. Once I attended a class offered at an organization called NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) in the US that included both. It was actually a WRAP program (Wellness Recovery Action Plan). I think such exercises are very helpful, not just for people with mental illness, but it's also good to share a copy of such completed plans with a loved one. As part of the WRAP, they even distributed blank copies of what in the US is called a "Psychiatric Advance Directive". You can google that, if you like, to see what it contains. I think the contents might vary slightly by US state. You might wish to inquire if there's something similar in your country.
Hey there,

Yeah I have done WRAP but never Crisis plan as I have never gotten that ill before (Dec 2020) was really bad my psychosis was just crazy.

I had to do a safety plan kinda in Dec they wouldn't let me leave the clinic I attend for bipolar until I did. I had to say where I was going, what I was going to do, who to contact if needs be, what not to do etc etc I had to also make calls there with them listening to make sure I was gonna be "safe"
Miss Laura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Werewoman