View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2021 at 01:00 PM

That is always an interesting topic why and how people are who they are. Sometimes there is an explanation and sometimes there is none or no one knows enough and it’s unwise to assume. I’ve met quite a great number of people who made a conscious choice to be nothing like their parents (for a good reason) and I’ve met people whose parents are an inspiration for them and then there are people who simply aren’t aware and just live their life in oblivion. The whole nature v nurture just too complex of a topic to ever have a clear cut answer. It’s not all simple cut and dry

One of my nephews is adopted, family adoption on my sisters in law side. He was adopted quite late in the beginning of his teen years, my bro and sis in law were guardians for awhile. He is an adult now and is so great in every sense of the word, he made conscious choice to be nothing like his biological parents and when he has kids, he’d raise them well. Me and my brother wonder sometimes if he’d turned out this awesome if they didn’t take him in? We suspect he maybe would do well regardless, just because who he is. But maybe not. It’s scary to think how he’d turn out if he didn’t come live with my brothers family. Who is to know. Nature v nurture. No clear cut answer

Yes some people are just takers. I’ve met people who were takers and were aware that they are, but just kept on being takers (amazing isn’t it). And I’ve met people who weren’t even aware that it’s wrong and thought others owed them. Entitled. It’s a lonely life at the end as it turns people off.

It is kind of you to be her friend despite her shortcomings (but good for you to set boundaries and say no)

Thanks for this!
Rose76