View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2021 at 05:11 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was as good as a day as I could have expected considering the circumstances. My husband really tried to make it special. And thanks for the song, @AzulOscuro, I like La Ley, I even got to see them in concert once, more years ago than I want to admit. I was able to get in a walk with one of the dogs both mornings and advanced with my gardening projects too.

In the end, after much mocking, the government took a step back on the music rule, saying it is a recommendation. I mean I get the idea that if there's loud music, people tend to talk louder so they spread more virus particles. However, I think people are just so sick of so many rules and restrictions on everything they do, it got a bad reaction. Now, if they wanted to ban reggaeton, I'd have no problem with that!

@BreakForTheLight. I feel for you. Here they are discussing the same, sending our region back into full lockdown. It would be back to the 2 permits a week to go out and now they have reduced permit time to 2 hours, down from 3. That's not much time to get anything done in many places. We would still be able to exercise in the morning, which is a slight improvement. But, still, I do not think I will handle it well if it comes to that. We may get news today. I completely agree with you that it's those of us who are already being careful who will be most affected by the increased restrictions. The covidiots will still have their mass spreader parties even if they risk being detained and fined and the virus will spread. They extended the state of catastrophe and health emergency for another 6 months. Since October 2019, the only time we haven't been under some type of emergency/catastrophe declaration was a short period in early 2020. It started with the protests/looting/riots, it was eliminated I think in late December/early January but then Covid arrived in March and we were back in state of catastrophe and health emergency ever since.

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated