View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,044 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2021 at 01:51 PM

@AzulOscuro - Too funny we thought the same about reggaeton. Yes. I feel that is a big part of the problem. I understand that the people in the Health Ministry have never dealt with a pandemic in their careers, but when they change the rules so frequently or don't explain things well, then people get frustrated and are less likely to support the policies.

The media doesn't help either. This morning, there was a lot of hand wringing about how 10 municipalities in the Metropolitan Region were about to get locked down. They had experts saying it needed to happen. Then, the Health Minister came on and said our region is not the problem. Our hospitals are actually helping to take pressure off some other areas of the country where there are higher rates of critical cases. The national positivity rate is close to 7% while the Metropolitan Region is only at 4%. It is true that the country has about the same number of cases as June or July (4,000 or so new cases daily), but back in winter they were doing only 20,000 tests a day. Now they are doing 60,000 tests a day with the same number of positives, so our positivity rate has gone down a lot, which is a good thing. In the end they only locked down some really hard hit small municipalities down south.

I think before they go with more lockdowns, they should try other options first. I mean, why are we still receiving international flights when the English and other mutations are coming in on those flights? Then, what about the special vacation permit? People are crowding the beaches now that they implemented that. They are outdoors, but still very close together from the footage being shown. And, what about places like restaurants in areas overwhelmed by tourists? I wonder if they are adhering to capacity limits. Maybe they need to limit or stop those permits for a while instead of threatening those of us who decided it is not responsible to go on vacation right now with new lockdowns.

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro