Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2021 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPaul View Post
I don't know, @Have Hope. If everybody around you show no compassion towards the man then maybe it's you who has too much empathy (again?). As I said before, a tragic death in eyes of many people (including me) does not give absolution. He was who he was. Suicide doesn't change that. Don't blame them, I think criticism would be a natural response of many people in such circumstances.
@MisterPaul, I'd FAR rather have empathy and be who I am than have none at all. No one will understand how I feel. And yes, I feel badly for the guy. Does that make me a sad specimen of a person because I feel sadness and empathy over his obvious pain? It makes me a very good hearted person, which is what I'd rather be in this world.

And no, his suicide does not absolve him, but I forgave him. And our relationship was long ago at this point - four years ago. I chose to walk away from that relationship and for a very good reason. But people can forgive, let go and move forward in their lives. That's what forgiveness is. I have let go of all the pain he caused me. There is no reason for me to harp on it at this point in time.

And why on earth do I need to conform to how everyone else is responding about it? I am an independent person and an independent thinker. I don't have to follow suit. And I'm the one who was involved with him, not my parents and not my husband.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jan 18, 2021 at 04:29 PM..

Hugs from:
Bill3