View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2021 at 03:51 PM

Thanks for the perspective. I agree having a hunterīs license of course doesnīt affect the ability to study to become a therapist or knowing how to use certain techniques. But for me a counselor or a therapist is caring against "all living" and that includes animals. To me a counselor or therapist should have a very humble way of looking upon life and take life seriously. If a person regularly hunt for his/her own pleasure that shows too little concern for others.

I donīt mean you should take this personally, I donīt know you and you say you did hunting before, but I talk about how I see this hunter role versus the role as a counselor (my counselor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydid View Post
I think that people are complex and that it's definitely possible to have views that may seem contradictory to another person. I think we get into dangerous territory when we suppose our viewpoints about things onto other people, or assert that just because A is true, so must B be. I am currently in school to become a therapist and I have gone hunting before. I didn't care for it, but I am not really an outdoorsy kind of person. When I was a kid I would gladly eat the meat that my dad acquired hunting, and when I was teaching in a rural area, welcomed kids bringing in their deer jerky to me. I don't think that this says anything about my ability to be an effective therapist.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote