View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2021 at 06:32 PM

I understand so well. I'm 58 and was a wife and an at-home mom while my children were growing up. When they left for college I worked part time. I did that for 15 years, it went really well, but the time came when I had to make some changes. I'm on SSDI and, although I don't feel like a burden to anyone (well, not too much, anyway) I also don't see a future for myself. I have talents, I have experience. I have always been a volunteer in some capacity. Prior to covid I was facilitating a NAMI Connection group (peer support). Covid has put a hold on that. I live alone and for many months I was fine, just me and my cats. Lately I'm bored out of my mind and lonely as hell. I have bipolar disorder and CPTSD. Most of the time nothing feels right and all I can see from here is downhill. I have to be on meds, but all the side effects are (as you probably know) ghastly.

So, yeah. I don't really feel like a burden, but I feel like a has-been with no successful tomorrow. I wish I had some suggestions for both of us, and for a whole lotta other women who feel the same way we do.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, lizardlady, Werewoman

Thanks for this!
Werewoman