View Single Post
Rincewind

Member Since Nov 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jan 19, 2021 at 05:10 AM

So I've been trying my luck with online dating for about 2 years now. And the result is basically... nothing. I don't even remember when I had an interesting conversation that didn't stop after a couple of messages. I hoped to cope this way with isolation during the lockdown, but I had even worse luck.

Now I have an idea and I need your advice. I thought about finding some attractive male model and creating a Tinder profile using his photos. Of course, this is extremely unfair to the girls looking for their soulmate, so I'll include the note that I'm only looking for platonic friendship (this still sounds very slimy and I'm acutely aware of this fact).

Perhaps, this will help me better cope with loneliness and isolation. Or it could ruin any conversation I'd have because I'll be aware that the only reason they'd want to talk to me is my no-existent looks. And if this profile becomes much more popular than my real profile it will also ruin my self-esteem (which I heard is a good thing as inflated self-esteem is the cause of all suffering).

So what do you think, is this a good or a terrible idea?