View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2021 at 05:25 AM

I just wrote off two long term friendships with two females, realizing that they are both fair weather friends. Fair weather friends are not friends I wish to keep around.

I am going through one of the most difficult and trying times of my entire life, and neither one of them have lifted a finger to be there for me, even though I had communicated this to them.

One female moved across country over a year ago. I have been the only one initiating contact between us throughout the year. Not once has she reached out to see how I am doing or to connect with me.

After the news about my ex fiance passing and after all I described to her that I am going through, all she could say to me was "this too shall pass" - very glib and cliche. So, I told her I will not be in touch anymore.

The other friend I met on a different MH forum many years back. We used to be in touch a lot more, but over recent years, she's been more lackadaisical and unresponsive. We communicate on Skype mainly and she'll often take a week or two to reply to my messages.

I had seen that she was online within the past 18 hours, so she must have seen or read my message about my ex fiance passing. No reply. That was it - I had had it. This had gone on for several years and I had even told her at one point that perhaps we should stop communicating. She begged me to remain friends, so I did - but to my own detriment. So I deleted her from my Skype.

I don't need these kinds of friends in my life. I have plenty of other close friends who have been there for me through this dark period of my life - even newer friends have shown me greater care than these two women have.

As the saying goes, you truly learn who your real friends are when you're going through rough times. Those are the kinds of friends I wish to keep.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, RoxanneToto