Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2021 at 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcgeo View Post
Have hope,

I have read several of your posts, but this one struck me. It is in our deepest, darkest moments that we discover our true friends and family support. Basically, it is just me and my cat right now. I have had numerous crying bouts on the floor and that has to be the most surreal experience. I only have 1 true friend, but he is too busy with his family to really assist me.

I have been going through literal hell on Earth and have been surfacing to keep myself alive to see the next day. No one has ever helped me and not one person will want to see me in my state. I guess there is not much one can do when someone is about to fall apart and crumble.

I have been through this before and I know eventually it will end. Nothing is permanent and eventually this will come to pass. Sadly, though you're right, most humans cannot help a human at their most vulnerable, fragile state. If I were to see a friend crying, I would offer a hug. Yet, with COVID as rampant as it has been, even a hug is probably asking for too much.

All I can offer is this....you must succeed and trust yourself to be your best friend.

--sarc
@sarcgeo, thank you for your post.

So true - you must be your own best friend. I do tend to lean on people when I am going through a rough patch. It's just who I am, and I need the support.

I am sorry you are going through your own hell. You sound like a very strong person though. Only the strongest can go through hell alone. I am not one of those people. I need people.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote