Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2021 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgotmytongue View Post
I'm sorry that you have had to deal with this in life. Maybe it is a question you could ask him despite you knowing the answer? Maybe it will help in some way. Maybe not, who knows. Sometimes I think I know how someone will act and they dont.

When I reflect on my ex relationship, I feel that there was a lot of things that come up about not listening to each other, having our guard up etc. But i went into a dark place of thinking i was a terrible person because of it, even questioning if I was a narcissist lol.
I have no one to ask that question of - I am not dating and I am in the midst of a divorce process right now.

Many people don't implement what is called active listening - which is truly being present while another person is speaking. We all have to work at this, I do believe. And you're only a terrible person if you deliberately want to hurt other people and do so knowingly. That's a terrible person. Otherwise, we all have faults and weaknesses - no one is perfect. And we all have our strengths and positive attributes.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote